What Everyone Should Know About Equal Opportunity Housing
The sale and purchase of a home is one of the most significant events that any person will experience in his or her lifetime, It is more that the simple purchase of housing. for it includes the hopes, dreams, aspirations, and economic destiny of those involved.
Its The Law
Civil Rights Act of 1866: The Civil Rights Act of 1866 prohibits all racial discrimination in the sale or rental of property,
Fair Housing Act: The Fair Housing Act declares a national policy of fair housing throughout the united States, The law make illegal any discrimination in the sale. lease or rental of housing otherwise unavailable, because of race, color, religion. sex, handicap. familial status, or national origin.
Americans with Disabilities Act:
Title lll of the Americans with Disabilities Act prohibits discrimination against persons with disabilities in places of public accommodations and commercial facilities,
Real Estate Professional:
Agents in the real Estate transaction are prohibited by law from discriminating on the basic of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, or national origin. A request from the home sellers or landlord to act in a discriminatory manner in the sale, lease or rental cannot legally be fulfilled by the real estate professional.
- Housing in your range made available to you without discrimination,
- Equal professional service,
- The opportunity to consider a broad range of housing choices.
- No discriminatory limitation on communities or locations of housing.
- No discriminatory in the financing, appraising, or insuring of housing.
- Reasonable accommodations in rules practices and procedures for persons with disabilities,
- Non-discriminatory term and for the sale, rental. financing. or insuring of a dwelling.
- To be free from harassment or intimidation for exercising your housing rights,
This is H3 Heading
Responsibilities: The homes seller, the home seeker, and the real estate professional all have rights and responsibilities under the law.